Thursday 13 January 2022

Teeny Mail Art

Hello, I am sharing some more of my cards I made for the December show on The Craft Store for Chocolate Baroque

The stamps I have used are

Curiosities

Mail Art and

Teeny Weeny Meadow 

For my first card I cut a piece of smooth white card to look like stamps using my electric cutting machine. I then cut an aperture in a piece of acetate the size of the individual "stamp". I placed the aperture over the card and used Distress Inks to colour each stamp in. Once the ink was dry I used Archival ink and stamps from Curiosities and Mail Art to decorate. I finished by layering onto some black card and then onto a card base.


For my next card I used a stencil to create a background with Distress Inks. I then used stamps from Teeny Weeny Meadow to make a country scene  with trees and ferns in the foreground and leaves hanging down. Sentiment is from the Walk Tall stamp set.


For my last card today I placed a piece of washi tape across my card at horizon level. I then stamped the landmark buildings from Curiosities along the top edge. I also stamped these onto some Masking Tissue, cut them out and covered the stamped images on my card. I blended some inks to create a sunset behind the buildings. Next, I moved the washi tape so that the bottom edge was now on the horizon and used inks to create a watery look. I removed the washi tape and Masking Tissue and stamped the word Postcard from the Mail Art set.  I trimmed my card and adhered to a DL base.


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

No comments: