Tuesday 24 May 2011

Less is More Week 16

The challenge at Less is More  this week is Butterflies.
Yippee!
A nice easy challenge or so I thought.
I was determined to use the Patchwork butterfly stamp from Chocolate Baroque as it is so gorgeous!
For my first attempt I used Versamark, Black EP and Promarkers, but didn't realise that the pens reacted with the embossing powder! I had black smudges appearing everywhere.
So I stamped and embossed and used some Shimmer paints that were free with a mag recently - much better!

Thanks for looking
 
Sandra

Sorry about the shadow , it's quite sunny this evening!

14 comments:

Mandi said...

WOW Sandra thats a fabulous butterfly
FAB card
Thank you for entering
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Anonymous said...

What a stunning stamp and card Sandra! x

Seafield Jo said...

It's certainly a beautiful stamp and you've used it to make a fabulous card. Lovely colours. Jo x

Aileen said...

Superb butterfly, love that it's going off the page. x

Vicky Hayes said...

A gorgeous image and beautifully positioned too! Vx

kingstonmama said...

Wow! What a beautiful butterfly. I love the color you used to paint it. It's gorgeous.

Pauline said...

Stunning butterfly, gorgeous card.

judith@poppy cottage said...

Lovely card, Judith xx

Beryl K said...

Great card, I love that butterfly and colour you used
Beryl x

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and FABULOUS colour

Kathyk

Chris said...

Wow what a gorgeous butterfly, loving the card.. Chris x

Sally H said...

Oooh, Sandra! That is gorgeous!

Lynne said...

Fantastic card, I love that gorgeous butterfly.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

Gorgeous butterfly, Sandra! LOVE the color!

BTW, I posted a tutorial on my blog for how to take photos of your cards indoors and/or at night, that might be helpful to you.

Tutorial Here