Sunday 12 December 2021

Beautiful Trees

 Hello, I'm sharing some more of my cards from the November show on the Craft Store for Chocolate Baroque.

My first card uses Trees a Crowd. I started with a 18cm piece of card and using a stencil I blended Distress Oxides to create my background scene and moon. I spritzed the background with some water and blotted it to give me a snowy effect. I added some sparkle to the moon, but unfortunately it doesn't show on the photo. I then stamped the main bare tree stamp 3 times at different heights. I stamped out a sentiment and mat and layered my pieces onto a 20cm card base,


For my next card I used a roller to apply Versafine Clair ink to my Inky Plate. I cut a strip of card that was as wide as my card base, but narrower and pulled the print. I then used a scrap of copy paper to make a hill and applied ink with a blending brush. I stamped the trees in Archival ink and adhered to my card base. I added the sentiment which was stamped onto a piece of card with a torn edge.


My next card uses the Harmony TreeSmall Graph Paper and Artist Trading Heart stamp sets.

I started by stamping the heart onto a piece of card and masking off the outside. I blended Distress Inks to make my background and then stamped the tree. I used colouring pencils for the tree. I removed the mask and added the chain  as a hanger and added a shadow on the edge of the heart. I finished by adding the sentiment and layering onto a 15cm card base.



My last card today uses the Remembrance Tree stamp set. I used a small piece of watercolour card stock and sprinkled with Brushos which I then sprayed with water. Amazes me every time! Once it was dry I stamped the tree in the lower part and added the words from Remembrance Tree and Harmony Tree.  


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

No comments: