Tuesday 3 August 2021

On the Edge

 



Hello, I am sharing some cards I made for Chocolate Baroque's July show on The Craft Store.

My first card uses stamps from Owl Edges and Flora and Fauna. I brayered dye inks in shades of green, blue and purple onto some silk coated cardstock. I then stamped the Bulrushes from Owl Edges onto the bottom edge in black archival ink. Using VersaMark, I stamped the dragonflies from Flora and Fauna and embossed with holographic powder. I then mixed some mica powder with water to make a “paint” to colour them with.

 

 

For my second card I made a double gatefold base and stamped the floral edge stamp from Owl Edges on the fold so that they met in the middle when the card was closed. I coloured the image with watercolour pencils. Inside the card I made a little scene using the branch and single owl, which I masked and stamped twice. The sentiment is from Steampunk Birds


  

Next I have a lovely geranium in the terracotta pot from Flora and Fauna. A beautiful image for colouring with watercolours. I added the butterfly from the same set and the sentiment is from Floral Clock.  



My last card today is the poppy seed heads, again from Flora and Fauna, which I coloured with watercolour pens. I added some dragonflies and gave them some sparkle with Stickles. The text is from Polygon Poppies.


Thanks for looking
Sandra x

No comments: