Tuesday 9 September 2014

With a Flourish

A new challenge over at A Vintage Journey

                                                              WITH A FLOURISH

Have you ever noticed that much of Tim's packaging includes that fabulous flourish? It has always been one of my favourite Tim images, so for this challenge let's see what you can do with your flourishes! You might not have the "actual" Tim flourish but I am sure everyone has a flourish die or stamp in their stash which can get the shabby/vintage treatment.


 I have made a tag for the challenge using tumbled glass, milled lavender and tattered rose for the background. I then stamped the butterflies at slightly different places and then stamped in vintage photo. I added a flourish and embossed in gold, added gold to the edge and finally a butterfly and leaves.
 
A close up of some of the details.

Thanks for looking
Sandra

6 comments:

sarascloset said...

Your tag is beautiful!!! Love that shadow on the butterflies...how clever! And your large butterfly is perfect!

Annie said...

A stunning tag and I love the butterflies. Thank you for joining in with us at AVJ this fortnight
Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

What a delicious tag... I love how the branches seem to grow out of the flourish, and the dimensional butterfly just perched on the top! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Mary Elizabeth said...

Congrats on being "pinworthy" over at A Vintage Journey!! I absolutely love this tag. The butterflies are incredible and you did such an wonderful job with your layout. That flourish is perfectly placed to create that 3D effect. Getting ready to pin it myself. Beautiful == Mary Elizabeth

Pamellia said...

Congrats on your PinWorthy win at Vintage Journey! Well deserved, this is gorgeous! I love the background and your butterfly is so intricate! Gorgeous Flourish! :)

sarascloset said...

Sandra,
Wow! Congratulations on being a Pinworthy! I just knew your tag was a stunner! Great work! Sara Emily