Sunday 12 August 2012

Alpha Tags Q and R

Next set of tags for the Chocolate Baroque swap.

This is Q for Queen (original huh?)

 For this tag I used the Art Girl stamp from CB and shaded it with DI's China Blue, Scattered Straw and Spun Sugar.
I had an acetate scrap with a crown and some script left over from another project (Hot Off The Press I think) and cut this to cover, sentiment from same set.

For the background I used DI's China Blue, Scattered Straw and Aged Mahogany. I then embossed with the Big Shot, misted with my own sprays - water, mica and reinkers. When it was dry I used a hard brayer and VersaMark and clear embossed.

Tammy Tutterow has a tutorial here


R is for Ruby Resist

This was a really quick tag!
Background is a piece of Heidi Swapp Invisible which I had in one of Glenda's Stash -e-Lopes (lots of goodies in an envelope!). Covered with DI Aged Mahogany to make the image really pop. Added some gems and a flower from Bold Blooms (stamped in VersaMark and clear embossed).



Thanks for looking
Sandra

4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Totally intrigued by your background for the first one. The second is absolutely striking - the colour is quite magnificent & I love that contrast with the white. The gems sparkly beautifully too.
Paula (PEP)

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab tags once again - (think I've said this umpteen times now!)but the second one has the wow factor for me though ! x

Jean said...

I love the white contrast in the second tag and the colour is lovely, but my favourite is the first one. The background colour and texture are gorgeous.Jean x

Sarah said...

Sandra, these are both fabulous - I particularly like your Q tag (boy, I struggled with that one!). The Art Girl is one of my favourite stamps and you've made a wonderful tag with it. Sarah x