Sunday 26 February 2012

Less is More Week 56

 
A great challenge at Less is More this week!
 
 
This week we have a simple recipe for you to follow which is to use some of those left over bits and pieces we all tend to keep so this week

Don't Scrap it!
 
 
 
My card is made from a "test" piece!
 
I recently bought some gilding flakes from Indigoblu (Winter Dawn) and needed to try them out! 
 
Stamp is Carnation Flower Head by Stampingbella
 
I finished the card by colouring the image with DI Tattered Rose and Tea Dye and adding a ribbon.
 
 
 
 
 
 Just a little close up of the detail you can get with the flakes.
 
 
 
 
 I keep all my scraps in this "rescued" unit. Each drawer holds a different colour. Would love to alter this unit this summer - ideas on a postcard please!!!
 
Sandra
 
 

10 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Sandra, gorgeous card fantastic rose i love the color, well done Sandra.
A hug from Palma

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra, this just caught my eye in my dashboard - love the colour. Very pretty card.
xx

Chrissie said...

You look all very tidy and organised Sandra, your card is simply lovely too... a great rescue!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is so pretty! I love the way the flower looks so delicate and what a great use of the guilding flakes.
Sharon xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Super idea with the scraps drawers different colours for each - I manage my offcuts of cardstock in a similar fashion. I need to try those IndigoBlu flakes too but there are some other priorities first. Good idea using your test piece for LIM.
Paula (PEP)

Susan said...

Sandra, looks like you have as many scraps as I do! LOL!! Love your card...such a pretty color...and what a great look the gilding flakes add!

Vicky Hayes said...

A test piece? Well I can see the test went really well! Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Jenni's Jems said...

That gilding is just perfect ! x

Mandi said...

Lovely card
Super organisation Sandra

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Kathryn said...

Hey Ive shared and award with you over on my blog, hope thats okay xx