Monday 3 May 2021

 Hello

I'm sharing some of my cards that I made for the Chocolate Baroque shows on the Craft Store in April.

My first two cards use stamps from Sow the Seeds set.

First, I stamped the leaves in Archival ink, masking the first leaf and stamping either side. I then added a watercolour wash around the leaves and coloured in with watercolour pencils. I added the word "Botanical" from the set and added a frame using a stamp from Modern Textures

For this card I blended Distress Inks to make the background. I stamped the Poppy heads in brown Archival using my stamping platform and stamped again using some tacky glue, but just in a few places. I then added gilding flakes to the glued areas, just to give a little sparkle. I used a harlequin stencil in the background and mat and layered onto some gold card.


These two cards use the stamps from Mother Earth set.

I used Distress Oxides for the background. I stamped the very large pinecone 4 times and cut out the different layers. I also die cut some foliage. I coloured the pinecone with Distress inks and some shimmer spray and then layered them using foam pads for dimension.


My last card features the equally large mushrooms! 
I used Distress inks for the background and the landscape. I stamped with Archival ink and coloured with Distress inks. I used a white gel pen to highlight the "spots" on the Shrooms and added some foliage from Wild Meadow.




Thanks for looking,

Sandra x

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are stunning cards, I saw them on CB and had to visit and say what wonderful work you have done on each. So different and fabulous colouring.
I also had a looky at your older work and realised I visited you in 2011, maybe later too? And your a Welsh girl too.
I'd love to follow you, but do you have an email follower link or Bloglovin? so I can be told you've posted? I don't remember otherwise.
Faith x